Monday, January 11, 2010

A few of my Favorite things!

I am a window shopper!  I love to look at the beautiful vinettes in stores, online and in magazines.  I soak up all of the beauty before me and design my dream home in my head.   I decided to share a few of my favorite things.  While there too many to list, the following pics are definately on top of my list!




Charles Faudree is the Godfather of all thing French Country!  With that said I have recently found the Godmother of the French Country Style, Cynthia Aikens!  You need to check out their work, both are breath taking!



Blue & White, Botanical & Fruit Lithographs by Redoute & Furber, and rooms with color!  I have had a royal purple kitchen with with cabinets, lime green dining room, and rich red guest bath.  I love rooms full of color!  Recently I painted my daughters room a hot pink.  Pic's to come soon!


And finally a few of my favorite pieces of china.  Spode Christmas Tree is a classic pattern that can be dressed up or kept casual.  Here is a sample from my china cabinet during Christmas.  Lenox Moonspun was my moms china. While I don't have a complete set, I love mixing this with different patterns.  Haviland Rosalind was my grandmothers china that I love!  I have a complete set with lots of extra tha I love to play with.  And finally the classic silver teapot.  I have lots of different silver pieces that I also mix and match with different displays.  My grandmother purchased this tea set at a yardsale in Georgia for $3.00!  She gave it to my mom who did not really want it!  I quickly scooped it up and gave it a loving home!

I hope you enjoyed seeing a few of my favorite things!  Let me know what you love to visually look at over again!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through Grits and Glamour! My daughter just inherited my mother-in-law's Rosalinde china, and she's looking for ways to mix it with other china or accessories to make it "more her." Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete